The seed idea of rug hooking is planted
What is rug hooking? How do the loops stay in? Where do I get supplies? Is it easy? What if I don’t have any artistic talent? Where do I find other rug hookers? You love fabric and are unsure abut what to do with wool, but you want to know more.
You are thirsty for information. At this stage the biggest danger is that you become an information gatherer (or worse a supplies and equipment gatherer) and never actually start rug hooking. These lessons will point you in the right direction, but start pulling loops as soon as you can.
The technique of rug hooking is very simple, but you can spend the rest of your life learning the finer points.
@CGRH indicates that the article is housed at cindigayrhooking.com
- Beginner Rug Hooking Equipment @CGRH (audio)
- Section 1 of The Basics: Equipment
- All About Rug Hooking Backings
Start Rug Hooking
- Section 2 of The Basics: Technique
- How to Rug Hook – pulling up the loops @CGRH
- Where to Start Hooking
There’s more in the next section: Emerging Artist
Set up your reference notebooks
General Background Information
- Quickie Lesson- How to cut wool
- Collecting wool and washing it for rug hooking
- Cutting Rug Hooking Wool with and without a Cutter
- Rug Hooking Cut Sizes Explained