HTRH = howtorughook.com
What I am working on now:
June 28, 2020: The last time I posted here it was Dec 12, 2019. Our world is so different now. When the Covid shutdown happened, I went live 6 days a week instead of just one. It was crazy, but I think it kept me sane. THANK YOU to everyone who showed up during that time. The ability to connect and make new friends when shut up at home was amazing.
I’ve since rolled the schedule back to 4 times a week. I actually go live much more than that to private groups, but 4 times a week to the general public. On Tuesday and Friday, I deliver a live lesson to Youtube. On Wednesday and Saturday I host a hook-in on Zoom. You can access more information about the live events here.
I am running a Charter class for a new course, How to Design your own Landscape Pattern and two Virtual Online Workshops. Once they are fully tested (and successful) I will roll these programs out to the public.
I tested a new Live! Lesson format and it was a dismal failure in early 2020. I’ve since started using a new system that is working VERY WELL. The best news is that it is on Youtube so no special software, etc. Go here to see the next upcoming lesson topic. Be sure to subscribe and then click the bell to get notified whenever I go live, even if it is not at the pre-determined time.
The easiest way to access the Live! Events
Simply go to the Dashboard and click one of these links. You do not even need to be logged in. Just scroll down below the log in forms.
Time zones can be tricky. The easiest way? Just type in the time you want translated, such as 4pm eastern into a Google search. Google knows were you are (i know, creepy, right? but handy) and will tell you time in whatever time zone you are currently in. Really handy for travel.
These are the new or updated posts from the last 45 days. I am adding * at the beginning of lessons to indicate they are not complete. That does not mean they do not have content, some do, but I have more to say.
IKEA Stool Cover Instructions & Pattern Downloads
Practical Color Planning
Virtual Dye Class
The Rug Hooking Journey
— 2016 Replays
— 2017 Replays
— 2018 Replays
— 2019 Replays
— The Basics
- Add a label May 9, 2020
- Hooking in all directions April 1, 2020
- Do I hook on the line? April 1, 2020
- How to Calculate YOUR Factor February 21, 2020
- Finishing: Fold Forward Method February 8, 2020
- How much wool do I need for a background? April 16, 2020
- How much whipping yarn will I need? November 9, 2019
- How much wool do I need for a motif? June 8, 2020
- Cutting the tails October 29, 2019
- *How to cut strips May 29, 2020
- Messy Loops are OK May 24, 2020
- Drawing the Pattern October 3, 2019
- *What You Don’t Need August 28, 2019
- Recommended Kit Sources August 28, 2019
- *Scissors August 28, 2019
- *Make a PVC Frame August 28, 2019
- *How to Make a Hook May 11, 2020
- Basic Equipment February 27, 2020
- Pulling Loops April 16, 2020
- All About Backings February 27, 2020
- Misc Random Tips December 10, 2018
— Creative Stitches: Beyond the Loop
— Rug Hooking Journaling System
— Step by Step: Little Flower
— Dye Recipe Library
Let me know if you see something that is not working. Hundreds of people will overlook a problem. Will you be the one who reports it? Please, help me out. No problem is too small.
Register for the weekly Live! Lesson
Click here to register for the weekly Live! Lesson. You only have to register once. You can learn more here: https://cindigayrughooking.com/live/
Are you getting the newsletter?
I am sending out a monthly newsletter to everyone who is a member of any of the courses. Did you get yours? If not, please get in touch with me at email@example.com. In the meantime… Monthly email for the courses and membership. You can review the past ones if you did not see them.
Keep the email handy. The link at the bottom will sign you in automatically to the dashboard. This is really handy on mobile devices.