See FAQ below. You will stay on this page and not miss a thing…
Welcome! Let me know you are here. Ask your questions below!
READ THIS! Lesson Guidelines
- Say hi! Let me know you are here, especially if this is your first time.
- Please ask questions related to the topic only. You can submit questions for a Live! Lesson or join the open Q&A sessions on the first Friday of the month. If I do not have a lesson on that Friday, the Q&A session will be the first lesson held that month.
- Please do not ask me to repeat part of the lesson, unless I did not explain it clearly. If you got here late or was distracted, watch the replay inside The Rug Hooking Journey. Replays going back to 2016 are included with your membership.
- Be sure the volume on your device is turned up.
- If you cannot see the bar, turn your device so the video fills more of the space. Touch the video if you are on a mobile device.
- Hit play if you see a play button.
My screen froze!
Try refreshing the screen. Be sure all other devices in your home that use wifi are turned off, TV’s using Netflix, phones that are gathering email, etc.
The system will try the highest resolution that will work with your internet. If you’d like to try an even lower setting, watch this video:
Mobile device, phone or tablet
How to use the chat
If you open the Ask a Question window, your chat will close temporarily. Just ask your question, and then close the chat. You will be back where you started.
It is 4pm and the video is not playing!
The video is set to autostart but if you arrive before I do, you may have to hit the play button. I usually arrive 15-20 minutes early to be sure everything is working so we can get started right at 4pm.
What time does this start?
4pm eastern on Fridays. I usually arrive a bit early to be sure all the tech is working and I’ll often chit chat about my week, but nothing significant happens until the appointed time.
What is the best browser to use?
I recommend Chrome, especially if you have experienced problems. It seems to have helped several people avoid the video delaying and sound dropping.
If a different browser you are using is working, don’t bother changing.
How do I ask a question?
There are 2 ways chat and Q&A. You can only see one at a time. If you clicked Ask a question, look for the small gray X to close that window to return to the chat.
Click Chat as guest. Enter your name, click the box to accept the terms, then click the black join button. It’s there, it might be hiding below the window.
How do I test my internet speed?
You can improve your internet connection. Here’s how.
You can also select your own resolution or quality of video. Just click the gear icon ⚙ and select a resolution that does not cut in and out. Your quality will not be as good, but you will be able to watch it uninterrupted.